I really hope the speculation is wrong and that GH isn’t planning on taking away Franco raping Sam just so they can make Roger Howarth’s version of Franco (if he does turn out to be the same Franco) more likable.
Even if it turns out that he didn’t physically rape Sam, he still would have made her believe that she was raped for over a year. She was still drugged, and she still woke up naked not knowing how she got that way. She still had to be told by her husband (who had also been drugged and forced to watch) what happened to her.
She still spent months thinking that her pregnancy was the result of her rape. She didn’t even find out that Franco wasn’t the father until after Jason’s death. She still spent over a year dealing with the aftermath of what happened.
It’s not that I enjoyed seeing Sam dealing with rape,but at this point she spent all this time believing she was raped.Taking away the physical rape does not take away the psychological rape she went through. Either way Franco will have still let her go on thinking this and she was still violated by him even without the rape.
I really hope that RC & FV don’t actually believe that would make him more likable character because it wouldn’t’ at least for me.
Today Julie Plec tweeted about the “fucked up romantic ideals” in the book Beautiful Disaster. One wonders if she also realizes how similar the male romantic lead in that book is to her own characters…
yaw know her basic ass was gonna comment on other problematic shit but her own. we can’t even be surprised anymore.
Amazon Media Room: Press Releases -
What are you doing Amazon what what what are you doing.
Why would I pay money for fanfic………….
- Pornography: We don’t accept pornography or offensive depictions of graphic sexual acts.
- Offensive Content: We don’t accept offensive content, including but not limited to racial slurs, excessively graphic or violent material, or excessive use of foul language.
- Illegal and Infringing Content: We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is the authors’ responsibility to ensure that their content doesn’t violate laws or copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights.
- Poor Customer Experience: We don’t accept books that provide a poor customer experience. Examples include poorly formatted books and books with misleading titles, cover art, or product descriptions. We reserve the right to determine whether content provides a poor customer experience.
- Excessive Use of Brands: We don’t accept the excessive use of brand names or the inclusion of brand names for paid advertising or promotion.
- Crossover: No crossovers from other Worlds are permitted, meaning your work may not include elements of any copyright-protected book, movie, or other property outside of the elements of this World.
Why would I pay money for PG-rated fanfic…….
Why would I give you all the rights to my fanfic w/ a clause ensuring that if the copyright holder decides to gank said fanfic I get diddly-squat……
I feel like you didn’t think this through.
Amazon: We’re going to start publishing fanfic for money! (PG-rated, of course, and at the discretion of the copyright holder, natch, and no cursing and watch the violence and …)
Every single fanfic writer on the internet:
I can’t even with Julie Plec acting Bonnie fans are outrageous for wanting Bonnie alive. I mean god forbid people actually want to see her attending college and actually being able to interact with people other than Jeremy. I do have to wonder if Caroline Dries being completely charge would change much (I doubt), but it did make me remember when she used to write for Smallville.
I remember Erica Durance (Lois Lane) having a issue with something she was supposed to do in an episode Dries wrote because she felt it was out of character. Eventually when Dries actually talked to Erica about it she ended up agreeing with her and changed the scene.
Speaking of Smallville I have to say I while had a few problems with Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders when they were show runners because of their focus on characters I didn’t really care all that much about (Lionel Luther during season 10 for example among others), but I never once felt like they actually disliked any of the characters.Something that is not the case with the Vampire Diaries.
Don’t get me wrong, they’ve said tons a things that I didn’t necessarily agree with, but I always liked that they seemed to like all of the characters even if I didn’t like them. And now I just made myself miss SV even more.
They are tired of the witch stuff?
Are you kidding me?
They are the ones using Bonnie’s magic as an instant fix-all! They are the ones who refuse to give Bonnie a storyline independent on her magic!
If you are tired of magic, let me tell you how to fix it easily.
- Stop using Bonnie as a plot device that automatically fixes everything when you write yourself into a corner.
- Create a threat that can’t be solved by magic.
- Give Bonnie magic unrelated storyline.
And how in the world do they plan on a magic free plot for next season when Silas is the big bad? What’s Silas again?
Isn’t TO storyline fully depending on magic too?
What are those people smoking?
Or are they tired only of Bonnie’s magic. Or is it just the Bonnie part that bothers them?
Exactly why I won’t be watching anymore period and I had only been watching the Bonnie scenes for the most part as it is.
Dorothy: I’d kill Gloria if she wrote a book about my sexual life.
Sophia: You’d kill your sister over a pamphlet?
Dorothy: Shut up Ma!